Friday, July 4, 2008

Knickerbocker Stock Repair


Knickerbocker Stock Repair
I cut two pieces out of a Browning Shotgun stock and shaped them in the close shape of the missing top portion of this old gun. When the gun came apart the center block of wood that the tang screw went through fell out. I carefully placed this block of wood back in place and inserted the tang screw in place to lock it in position. Then I placed the stock back in the original position and set the left lock plate in place also to align the wood better. Remove the lock plate and close to final fit the wood insert in place and glue it for first hold.
After first hold on wood I go back and insert foundation support wood and glass epoxy it in place with Acrabed made for repairing wood and fiberglass stocks. After curing I will go back and machine off the excess wood and Acrabed to final fit.




No comments: